Debt Consolidation In Edmonton Debt Consolidation In Edmonton

Find out more on Debt Consolidation In Edmonton Now!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pearl Harbor War Hero Considering Reverse Mortgage

By Johnwahn Vanrock

This is not one of my typical articles. Usually, I'm attempting to educate the public about one aspect of the reverse mortgage.

Not this time. I had a chat with an individual a couple days back that was just a great experience for me.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, you should know something about me. I'm forty years old and have a love for history. Being a red blooded American I'm greatly interested in twentieth century history.

Fortunately I'm in the reverse mortgage business. If I wasn't I wouldn't have talked with the man I spoke to yesterday. We talked for at least a half hour about him getting a reverse mortgage.

Most was about business until he said something about where the Navy stationed him in 1949. Being a history guy I thought he probably served in the war. So, I asked.

He, in a very low key manner, said he did and was at Pearl December 7, 1941.

Whooohh Nelly! Now the whole conversation has turned into a little gold mine for me. There aren't many of these guys left.

The story gets more interesting. This man was actually below deck on the USS West Virginia when it was hit by six torpedos. He said you could hear the high pitched whine of the torpedos as they crashed against the hull.

Furthermore he was severely injured and piled in with the dead. I'm not sure how but the Navy listed him as deceased and informed his family as such.

The family memorialized his death as well.

Skeptical me... When I left the call I Googled his name and Pearl Harbor. Sure enough, there he was with story he just told me.

If you came to this article or blog site looking for good mortgage info, I'm sorry to disappoint. I just had to relate my great phone call with an important man.

What a great phone call to speak to a man who was actually there and remembers the day. I have to say I'm glad to be in the reverse mortgage business. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home